Being 45 years old can often be a time of mid-life crisis and uncertainty, but it doesn’t have to be that way. In this article, I’m going to share with you my top tips for mindfulness, exercise and fasting – which have helped me stay fit, healthy and energised all these years. Find out how you too can take control of your fitness journey and achieve the best results possible!
My Story & Why I Decided to Make a Change
I was always an active person, but about four years ago, I really started to focus on my health and fitness. I wasn’t necessarily overweight, but I wasn’t happy with my body and I wanted to make a change. I started by doing some research and reading a lot of articles and books on health and fitness. I then started to implement some of the things I was learning into my own life.
One of the first things I did was start practicing mindfulness. This helped me to be more aware of my eating habits and made me more conscious of what I was putting into my body. It also helped me to be more aware of my thoughts and feelings, which was very helpful in managing my stress levels. In addition to mindfulness, I also began exercising regularly and making healthy eating choices.
I initially started out by doing a lot of cardio exercise, but after a while, I began to mix in some strength training as well. This has been great for my overall health and fitness levels. In terms of diet, I have always been pretty good at eating healthy foods, but I have definitely become more mindful of what I am eating and how it affects my body.
In terms of fasting, I have experimented with intermittent fasting over the past year or so and it has worked really well for me. It has helped me to lose weight and maintain my weight loss, as well as giving me more energy throughout the day.
Mindfulness – What is it and How to Practice It
Mindfulness is the practice of being present in the moment and paying attention to your thoughts, feelings, and surroundings without judgment. It can be helpful in managing stress, anxiety, and depression. There are many ways to practice mindfulness, but some simple ways to get started are by eating mindfully, paying attention to your breath, and taking a few minutes each day to sit quietly and focus on your thoughts and feelings.
Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your mental health. Taking some time each day for a brisk walk or run can help you feel calmer and more focused. Additionally, adding strength training or another form of exercise that you enjoy can help you feel stronger and more confident.
Fasting has become popular in recent years as a way to improve overall health. Intermittent fasting, which involves alternating periods of eating and not eating, has been shown to boost metabolism and promote weight loss. However, it’s important to talk with your doctor before starting any new diet or fitness regimen, including fasting.
Exercise – Benefits, Types and Tips
Exercise has so many benefits for our physical health, it’s hard to know where to start. Regular exercise can lower your risk of developing heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes. It can also reduce your risk of developing some cancers, such as breast cancer and colon cancer.
There are three main types of exercise: aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility.
• Aerobic exercises are activities that increase your heart rate and make you breathe harder. Walking, running, biking, swimming and dancing are all examples of aerobic exercise.
• Anaerobic exercises are activities that make you breathe hard but don’t necessarily increase your heart rate. Weightlifting and push-ups are examples of anaerobic exercises.
• Flexibility exercises stretch your muscles and help keep them limber. Yoga and Pilates are examples of flexibility exercises.
Here are some tips to help you get started with exercise:
• Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise program, especially if you have any health concerns.
• Start slow and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts as you become fitter.
• Choose activities that you enjoy so that you’re more likely to stick with them.
• Find a workout buddy or join a group fitness class to stay motivated.
Fasting – Different Types of Fasting and Health Benefits
Fasting has been practiced for centuries, but in recent years, it has become more popular as a way to improve health and lose weight. There are many different types of fasting, and each has its own benefits.
Intermittent fasting is one of the most popular types of fasting. It involves alternating periods of eating and fasting, usually for 16 hours or more per day. This type of fasting has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, help with weight loss, and reduce inflammation. Time-restricted feeding is another type of intermittent fasting where you eat all your meals within a certain time period, typically 8 hours or less. This type of fasting can help increase energy levels and promote weight loss.
Another popular type of fasting is the 5:2 diet, which involves eating normally for 5 days per week and eating very little or no food on the other 2 days. This type of fasting can help with weight loss and improving heart health. The Warrior Diet is a similar approach that involves eating one large meal at night and then fast during the day. This type of fasting can boost energy levels and promote fat burning.
There are also many different types of long-term fasts that can be done for religious or spiritual reasons. These fasts typically involve abstaining from all food and drink for periods of 24 hours or more. While these types of fasts are not typically done for health reasons,
My Personal Experiences with Mindfulness, Exercise & Fasting
When it comes to mindfulness, exercise and fasting, I have had some pretty amazing experiences that have really helped me to feel fitter than ever. Here are my top tips for mindfulness, exercise and fasting:
1. Make sure that you are getting enough sleep. This is one of the most important things that you can do for your overall health and well-being. If you are not getting enough sleep, your body will not be able to function at its best and you will not be able to make the most of your workouts or your fasts. Make sure that you are getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night so that your body can recover properly from your workouts and your fasts.
2. Eat healthy foods. This is another important factor in feeling fitter than ever. If you are eating unhealthy foods, your body will not be able to perform
at its best and you will not be able to make the most of your workouts or your fasts. Make sure that you are eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats so that your body has the nutrients it needs to perform at its best.
3. Drink plenty of water. This is essential for both your overall health and for feeling fitter than ever. When you are well-hydrated, your body functions better and you will have more energy for your workouts and for your fasts. Make sure that you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day so that your body
Takeaways & Final Thoughts
It’s been a little over four years since I started my journey to become more mindful, exercise regularly and fast (intermittently) and I’m feeling better than ever. In fact, I’ve lost weight, increased my energy levels and feel overall happier. If you’re thinking of making some similar changes in your life, here are my top tips:
1. Be clear about your goals – what do you want to achieve? For me, it was to lose weight, increase energy levels and feel generally happier.
2. Make a plan – once you know what you want to achieve, make a plan of how you’re going to do it. This might involve setting some specific goals (e.g. “I will walk for 30 minutes every day”), changing your diet or starting an exercise regime.
3. Be patient – change takes time, so don’t expect miracles overnight! Give yourself time to adjust to new habits and routines, and be prepared for the odd setback along the way.
4. Be kind to yourself – if you slip up or have a bad day, don’t beat yourself up about it! Just start again tomorrow and keep going until you reach your goal.
I hope these tips have been helpful – remember if I can do it then so can you!